The Department of Computer Science & Engineering was established in the year 2004. The Department started with an intake of 60 in B. Tech. degree programme & 20 in M. Tech. (Software Engineering). In view of the increasing importance of the Computer Engineering discipline, the intake of the department was increased to 120 in 2007. The department is proud to have a record of almost 100% placement of all eligible students for last 05 years.
The department also offers two M. Tech. Programs, one in Computer Engineering and other in Software Engineering with an intake of 20 in each. Department started Ph.D. program in 2013. So far 10 Ph.D.’s are in progress.
Our experienced and highly qualified faculty are committed to helping our students in improving and enhancing their analytical thinking ability and creativity, and in understanding the professional issues related to ethics, professional conduct, economics, societal needs and their role in the technologically globalised world. The department is committed to foster a creative and innovative research environment. Faculty of the Department of Computer Science & Engineering have specialized areas for advanced studies and research in Soft Computing, Neural Networks & Fuzzy Logic, Data Mining, Big Data Analytics, Unix & Linux, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, Computer Networks, Social Networks, Data Science, Wireless sensor and Mobile Ad hoc networking.
To keep pace with the current technological trends, the Department has introduced a credit based postgraduate programme leading to M. Tech. in Computer Engineering in the year 2009. Ever since its establishment, the Department has always been on a high growth path and has experienced and dedicated faculty with a strong commitment to engineering education. Our students are exposed to up-to-date equipment, technology and techniques. We have well equipped laboratories with state-of-the-art facilities like GPU, Blade sever, servers, thin clients, workstation and desktops (from IBM, HP, DELL etc.). Induction of new courses from time to time enables the students to keep abreast of recent technological developments. Flexibility in curriculum is provided through Electives Seminars and Projects.
The Computer Science Department is committed to create, share, and apply knowledge in Computer Science & Engineering, including interdisciplinary territories that expand the extent of Computer Science and Engineering and benefit mankind; to educate students to be fruitful, moral and effective problem-solvers and deep-rooted learners who will contribute emphatically to the financial prosperity of our nation and cater to the ever-changing industrial demands and societal needs.
- To give quality education and produce new knowledge by participating in cutting-edge research and by offering best in class undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs, prompting to vocations as Computer experts in the broadly expanded spaces of industry, government and the scholarly community.
- To give a learning situation that helps understudies to upgrade critical thinking aptitudes, be effective in their expert lives and to plan understudies to be long-lasting learners by offering a strong hypothetical establishment in registering alongside connected figuring encounters and teaching them about their professional, and ethical responsibilities.
- To educate the understudies of engineering technology and innovation by giving worth based on specialized education in Computer Science & Engineering.
The department is running one B. Tech Programs Computer Science & Engineering with the strength of 120 and Two M. Tech. Programme, one in Computer Engineering and other in Software Engineering with the strength of 18 each.
- Scheme and Syllabi of Computer Science & Engineering (prior to 2018 batch) is attached in Annexure I.
- Scheme and Syllabi of Computer Science & Engineering (2018 batch onward) is attached in Annexure II.
- Scheme and Syllabi of M. Tech. Computer Engineering is attached in Annexure III.
- Scheme and Syllabi of M. Tech. Software Engineering is attached in Annexure IV.
We have well equipped laboratories with state-of-the-art facilities like GPU, Blade sever, servers, thin clients, workstation and desktops (from IBM, HP, DELL etc.)
- Object Oriented and Programming.
- Microprocessor and PC Hardware Lab
- Operating Systems and Computer Graphics Lab.
- Data Structures & Analysis and Design of Algorithms.
- Data Base Management Systems Lab
- Advance Java Technologies
- Web Development & Internet Lab
- Programming Fundamentals.
- High performance computing Lab
- Unix and Linux Programming Lab
We, at Department of Computer Science & Engineering, UIET, Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra, are committed to establishing, archiving and distribution of knowledge in Engineering and Technology for service to the nation and humanity. We undertake to develop a high quality education and produce new knowledge by participating in cutting-edge research and by offering best in class undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs, prompting to vocations as Computer experts in the broadly expanded spaces of industry, government and the scholarly community
Pursuing our commitment through:
- Ensuring up-to-date and relevant curriculum
- Adept delivery mechanism
- Well Qualified faculty and staff
- Involvement of all stakeholders in growth and development of the Institute