INSTITUTION’S INNOVATION COUNCIL (IIC), U.I.E.T. KURUKSHETRA UNIVERSITY
It’s a mandate of MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC) to establish Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) in an institute for systematically fostering the culture of innovation, encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes. Institution Innovation Council (IIC), UIET, KUK is established to promote innovation through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campus.
Major focus of IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation eco-system and establish a start-up supporting mechanism in the institute.
- To prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) framework.
- To establish function ecosystem for scouting ideas and pre-incubation of ideas.
- To develop better cognitive ability for technology students.
Functions of IIC
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC and self-driven activities in a time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize general measure of enterprising tendency (GET) test for identifying young innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- To highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.